Friday 24 May 2013

Day 21 Undara - Mt Surprise to Hughenden 392 KM's

We head off fairly early after a cup of tea and headed to Mt Surprise for fuel and breakfast.. This is where I realised that we where heading in the wrong direction ... We we heading up to the gulf rather than Charters Towers... It's hard to believe but John met an old NMHG MD from China at Mt Surprise Small world. We had a quick chat took some pictures... I figured out that we had come 60kms in the wrong direction so back on the bikes to the turn off we missed the previous evening.... Fortunate really as we would not have spotted the railway carriages... 

We stopped off for fuel before we tacked a section of road 258kms of gravel and bitumen... Another surprise moment a truck driver gave me $20 for the charity.... People are amazing....

The first section of the road was fine then it got really difficult.... Story of the day John dropped his bike in a tricking section... All I heard in the headphone was "mayday mayday" I am down , I looked in my mirror and John was rolling on the ground ( very theatrical ) . I turns around stop, everything was fine so a took a couple of pic before we lifted the bike up.... The remaining 3 hrs where tough either of us could have been down at anytime.... It's was great to see bitumen again...we rode in Hughenden and checked into a motel... Both of us totally stuffed...

Beer time...

 






No comments:

Post a Comment