Monday 27 May 2013

Day 23 Mt Isa to Tennant Creek 661kms

Speaking for myself I was very please to be leaving Mt Isa... What a dump...full of bogans .
This was the first night of the trip I was crook... I but it down to a beer at the Buff ... Bogan headquarters...  We did find a very nice bar later where a much better class of person resided... They even sold Little Creatures on Tap.... I also thing John and I where on the social page of the Sunday paper.... A young reporter took our picture and was sort of interested in our story...

Anyway with Boganville (Mt Isa) behind us we headed to Tennant Creek ( will it be better!!!)  Most of the journey west was pretty boring until we spotted  a couple of camels in the distance... We had to stop ( see pic) the camel was pulling and old striped out Suzuki 4x4. John spoken to the bloke for a couple of minutes and determined that he had been travelling around Australia for over 10 years with theses 2 camels... Amazing.

We arrived in Tennant Creek and collectively shook our head... What a dump.  We found a motel ( which was not bad albeit the price was ridiculous ) and battened down for the night...   Pizza and then watched the ABC (separately of course.)

Peter I add in a road train just for you.... Hope you like it?

The bike is what happens if you don't do maintenance.







No comments:

Post a Comment